Manager, Software Engineering AI at Relativity (Chicago, IL)
About AI at Relativity
In the past two years, billions of documents have already benefited from the insights of Relativity AI - and we are just getting started on our journey to use AI to improve each user experience, product, matter, and investigation at Relativity. We are focused on helping our users discover the truth more quickly, and act on data.
-We are focused on algorithm excellence, to provide the most robust and trusted experience possible.
-We are creating a world class toolset to solve complex challenges quickly and iteratively.
-AI will be leveraged everywhere, in all stages of the discovery process to better manage cases and to optimize product operations.
About the Role
The Manager, Data Engineering builds and leads a team of software engineers and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the goals of product development. The engineering manager oversees the professional development of their reports and is the expert for the product features they are involved in.
Your Role in Action
- Contribute to the product roadmap and use it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Bring visibility through regular reporting
- Manage the products and features you own
Make Effective Decisions
- Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Handle unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken
Promote Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering oversees the professional development of their team under them and is the expert for the product features they are involved in
- You will work with your team to develop the talents of each team member
Build High-Performing Teams
- Build and lead a team of software engineers
- Keep your team's vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind
Align Goals with Strategy
- Serve as a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their domain or feature set.
- Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable.
- Be an expert in your area of our product.
- Use long-term thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining goals and approaches to essential assignments..
- Think beyond the when creating solutions and considering the impact
- 2+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- Experience working in the Data Engineering space as a manager or an individual contributor
- In-depth knowledge of Agile product development methodologies
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems with experience with leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences-and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.