Manager, Software Engineering (Care Solution) at Rally Health
Care solutions lets people find, price, schedule, prepare and pay for care, and rewards them for choosing the appropriate care. Our digital focus is changing the way consumers experience their healthcare.
As a Manager, Engineering where you will provide technical hands-on guidance and expertise within our engineering teams while maintaining mission-driven leadership towards engineering goals. You will work with the Care Solutions team in leading the development of projects while partnering with partners across Rally's Engineering, Product and other teams. You will be the contact for all engineering activities of your team. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Engineering.
- Provide “expertise” and “technical guidance” to take the existing applications to the next level as our business is undergoing high growth.
- Contribute technical hands-on guidance while maintaining mission-driven leadership of engineering goals
- Technically understand all components and integration points of the system under team’s ownership in depth
- Understand all integration points for the components owned by the team
- Understand codebases owned by the team. Can review, code and debug
- Participate with product strategy and achieve large-scale projects within multiple, dependent, teams
- Participate in design discussion of the components and their interaction with other components
- Excellence in leadership; team building and people management experience
- 7+ years of relevant hands on SW Development experience in web and mobile device applications
- 3+ years hands-on technical management experience; manage technical engineering teams
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications (i.e. Java; Scala; Swift; Docker, Ruby on Rails)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).