The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process. The engineering manager is responsible for the professional development of their reports and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Software Engineering.
The Developer Environments Team:
The Developer Environments team produces and manages the different types of environments that are used for developers of Relativity. The environments used are aimed at ensuring developers can develop their services in a wide distributed microservice architecture without sacrificing quality. Environment architectures can range from lightweight testing harnesses that run locally in-process and containers to full-scale instances of the Relativity Platform that can be used for performance, load, and security testing purposes.
Here you will solve complex challenges related to API interconnectivity, versioning strategies, API mocking, container management, orchestration, and monitoring while continuing to learn and promote best practices for dev/test in the cloud.
You will have exposure to the following technologies: Azure, .Net Core, Docker, WireMock, Azure DevOps, SQL Server, API Gateway (Kong), Service Mesh (Kuma), Powershell, and Jenkins.
Your Role in Action
- Contribute to the product roadmap and use it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Bring visibility through regular reporting
- Manage the products and features you own
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their team's area of ownership
Make Effective Decisions
- Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implement operational policies and directives
- Validate resource use to assure efficient deployment of team members
- Handle unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken
Promote Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering oversees the professional development of their team under them and is the expert for the product features they are involved in
- You will work with your team to develop the talents of each team member
Build High-Performing Teams
- Build and lead a team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the goals of product development
- Keep your team's vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind
Align Goals with Strategy
- Serve as a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their domain or feature set
- Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable
- Be an expert in your area of our product
- Use long-term thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining goals and approaches to essential assignments
- Think beyond the when creating solutions and considering the impact
- 4+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with experience with leading successful engineering teams
- Experience managing remote teams or individual staff in remote locations
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Teamwork and skills for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to perform under the pressure and improve the team's resources to attain goals
- Motivate your people to achieve results
- In-depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for all audiences
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences-and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.