Manager, Software Engineering, Frontend (Multiplatform) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Product Flows Multiplatform team is responsible for deploying Affirm’s core user journey across our iOS, Android and Web clients. We help customers that are just getting started with Affirm and evaluating their financing options, all the way through to taking out their loans. Our opinionated and scalable architecture allows our team to develop new products rapidly and iterate on existing products even faster, all while supporting our 3 client platforms with one codebase.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help guide a team of ambitious, talented engineers as we develop our new platform for fast, performant, multi-platform products.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team focused on our multi platform efforts, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams that we depend on, and the teams that depend on us.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Build processes and systems that support team growth and efficiency.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 4—6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- Deep experience with at least one front-end platform, iOS, Android or Web.
- You are familiar with the landscape of native & multi platform technology— iOS, Android, Web, React Native, Flutter and/or server driven UI — and can speak to the right time to apply each.
- Expertise at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.