CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. is the technology platform for the P&C insurance economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries - insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more - to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC's network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020 & 2021. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC's success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC's tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 7 locations worldwide and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCCIS). Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Technical Manager, Software Engineering on the CCC Consumer team will be responsible for driving the analysis, design and development of new and existing applications . He or she will lead the technical design, walk the product owner and developers through the design and drive and support them with development and testing activities. The right candidate will assist with tracking performance metrics and integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities. This role is a key contributing role in a complex and crucial environment and will lead a team of developers and mentor new team members.
- Drive the architecture and technical design of software application components, both on-premise as well in the cloud.
- Hands-on technical development of complex application features, from back to front end.
- Drive oneself to the highest level of quality standards and ensure code quality and testing guidelines are met.
- Ability to look beyond the status quo and identify areas of constant change / improvements.
- Manage release schedule and ensure on-time delivery of software components to production.
- Collaboratewith product stakeholders to identify functional and non-functional requirements
- Showcase strong technical expertise and leadership throughout the delivery process and provide guidance with regards to best practices, procedures, and techniques
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Workwith Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Presentand defendarchitectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Involved in the process of hiring, conducting interviews and document feedback.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics or related work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in software development with hands-on experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and strong understanding of MVC, Core Java, Design Patterns
- Technical expertise (design and/or implementation) in AWS / EKS or other cloud technologies.
- Extensive experience in business object modeling, data modeling and application architecture.
- Extensive experience in unit testing, unit testing frameworks, and unit testing methodologies.
- Extensive experience in a pattern-based approach to software design. Strong knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with building scalable platforms and automation tooling
- Experience working on relational databases and applications servers.
- Experience with infrastructure performance tuning and capacity provisioning
- Experience building and maintaining high capacity and high throughput computing platforms
- Knowledge in behavioral testing, behavioral testing frameworks, and behavioral testing methodologies
- You are:
- Able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Comfortable with hands-on detailed work as well as high level of analysis and thinking.
- Proactive and Detail Oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and apply own initiative.
- Able to challenge oneself with quick learning, new technology evaluation and provide feedback.
- Quality-oriented with focus on product delivery