Manager, Software Engineering at Relativity
Your Role in Action
- Contribute to the product roadmap and used it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Have the ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Bring visibility through regular reporting
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their team's area of ownership
Make Effective Decisions
- Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implement operational policies and directives
- Validate resource use to assure efficient deployment of team members
- Solve unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken
Promote Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering manages the professional development of their team under them and is the expert for the product features they are involved in.
- You will work with your team to develop the talents of each team member
Build High-Performing Teams
- Build and lead a team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the goals of product development.
- Keep your team's vision aligned with the bigger picture in mind
Align Goals with Strategy
- Be a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their domain or feature set.
- Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable
- Be an expert in your area of our product.
- Use long-term thinking to guide and develop your teams to help them meet overall product goals.
- Exercise a significant latitude in determining goals and approaches to essential assignments
- Think beyond the when creating solutions and considering the impact
- 4+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with experience with leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Skills for cross-group collaboration
- Perform under the pressure and improve the team's resources to attain goals