Manager, Software Engineering
PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, Q&A, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
As a Manager, Software Engineering, you will own the delivery of new features and on-going effectiveness for core areas of our software platform. In addition to daily hands-on development, you will manage engineers and work closely with stakeholders to shape the technical roadmap.
About Our Team
We build and maintain a scalable platform that evolves to ever changing business requirements. We learn from our experiences to always improve our software, and we have fun and celebrate our successes.
Our Tech Stack
We use AWS with many of our applications written in Java and using open-source technologies. Our engineers also look to adopt modern technologies to solve our business challenges.
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI and Deployment, Sumologic, Datadog, Maven, Git
- Professional experience (7+ years preferred) with hands-on Java development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures and demonstrates a deep understanding of Java technologies and tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate/JPA.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- Collaborate heavily with product in leading sprint teams to deliver product enhancements.
- Identify and solve important technical problems with front-end, QA, product, devops and UX teammates in an agile development environment.
- Share ownership and establish expertise on large sections of our codebase while identifying, learning, and applying a variety of technologies and working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Promote high quality code both through leading by example and by mentoring engineers via pairing, design review, and extensive participation in code reviews.
- Reduce the complexity of our code base, infrastructure, and production operations to maximize the effectiveness of our platform.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Flexible vacation and work from home policies
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee and cold brew
- Rooftop, on-site gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.