Manager, Sr. Information Security Engineer at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
In this role, you will develop and maintain an application security program that is designed to ensure that any software developed or acquired meets stringent McDonald’s standards while enabling continued innovation to meet customers’ ever-changing needs.
- Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing recommendations to Information Security policies and defining governance procedures for secure application development.
- You will craft and deploy application security tools and processes to support OWASP Top 10 alignment of critical central Secure Software Development Lifecycle controls.
- Collaborating with internal and external development teams (Java, .Net, etc.) to integrate security tools, standards, and processes into the product life cycle.
- You will ensure that developers and QA personnel have the appropriate level of security knowledge and support to perform their daily activities.
- You will assist application owners and development teams with analysis and interpretation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Providing application security expertise to support the incident response and architecture review processes.
- You will establish a governance framework to benchmark the state of said program and the performance of development teams against McDonald’s current program.
- You have at minimum of 2 years of product or application development experience.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of direct information security experience, including architectural integration of security technologies and ability to identify potential risks to solution security.
- Previous experience and appreciation for a global, 24x7x365 technology environment
- Strong ability to develop strategic direction and long term objectives without supervision.
- Confirmed interpersonal skills with the ability to translate complex technical issues or concepts to non-technical audiences in a clear and concise manner that focuses on business value.
- Proficient in technical writing and creation of policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Strong ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decision based upon situational circumstances.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.