ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
The Manager of Web and Digital Experiences oversees the front-end development team with the primary goals of delivering a best-in-class website that achieves our acquisition and educational goals, delivering an ideal customer experience. This position will be responsible for the ActiveCampaign website including vision and execution across 5 localized sites as well and a portfolio of landing pages and microsites. Key to this position is strong project management and collaboration skills, overseeing a growing team and engaging across multiple adjacent functions to ensure excellence in our digital presence.
What your day could consist of:
- Oversee strategy and roadmap, evolving and scaling web presence with the business
- Responsible for web development, performance/speed/uptime, quality, and operations of the front-end development team
- Exploring ways we can bring surprise and delight to our visitors and customers through quality design and engineering
- Maintain a productive and predictable working environment for the development team
- Work effectively with Marketing, Product Managers and cross functional teams to ensure team focus on the most high valued and priority initiatives
- Work closely with team members to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment
- Define and iterate team process, collaboration, and focuses on overall team velocity with different stakeholders, including product, design, etc.
- Effectively lead and manage team members to include guidance and coaching on career paths for growth, proactive performance management via JIT feedback, 1:1s/quarterly reviews, participation in the selection process for new hires, technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group, including continuous learning and improvement
- Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes and developments to ensure team is always striving for best in class work
- Use voice of customers to champion customer-centric optimizations
What is needed:
- A minimum of three years of experience managing or leading a website, marketing, or an engineering team
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Experience in global and translated sites (non-English)
- Design, SEO, and conversion rate optimization all strongly appreciated
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong proven leadership abilities and decision-making
- Experience in a high-growth/scaling technical environment
- Experience in a SaaS development environment
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description