Manufacturing Scientist at Fast Radius
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:39 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Lead and manage strategic engineering projects to develop software solutions at the intersection of manufacturing, technology and product. These projects span near-term (6 months) and long-term (>12 months)
- Build core technology that will become applications and services on Cloud Manufacturing Platform
- Build digital technologies and manage pilots in manufacturing; work with Manufacturing Technology team to integrate
- Example projects: machine vision systems for quality and productivity, manufacturability and costing inference engines, machine learning for part identification
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to uncover opportunities within fulfillment teams to use data and digital technologies to improve day-to-day operationsManage cross functional communication between
- Research and Development and Manufacturing Technology teams
- 5+ years of relevant experience in engineering, design, or manufacturing
- Demonstrated success as an engineering individual contributor and problem solver
- 2+ years experience with software development including machine learning models
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize resources across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated abilities as a thought leader, brings new and innovative ideas to the table
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or Computer Science. MS or PhD is preferred.
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description