DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Market Data Systems Engineer on our Market Data Systems team, you will play an integral role in all operational aspects of onboarding, managing and maintaining various datasets (real time and historical) used by traders and quantitative researchers to analyze financial markets, determine trading opportunities, and establish trading strategies.
What you will do in this role
- Be a subject matter expert in market data platform, consisting of real time platform and generic financial time series platform
- Work closely with traders, researchers and engineers to integrate market data platform into research lifecycle
- Interact with researchers to identify required data feeds and onboard them
- Enhance market data platform for internal data publishing
- Propose solutions for various integration use cases for internal systems
What you will need in this role
- Experience in market data systems (OneTick, Activ Financial, KDB, B-Pipe, Elektron)
- Experience in working with datasets of any shape or form (timeseries, reference data, fundamental data, etc.)
- Knowledge in data related concepts (metadata, descriptive metrics, attributes, properties, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with databases and query construction
- Programming skills: Python/C++
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks and projects, and efficiently handle the demands of a trading environment.
Additional skills or experience which enhance consideration for this role
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers (S3, Athena)
- Prior experience working with variety of financial data providers and exchange data
- Prior experience working with traders and quantitative researchers
- Familiarity with real time software concepts
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.