Microwave RF Solutions Engineer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewPost Sale Engineering Department
- Technical Authority providing overall technical leadership for the project implementation.
- Works with customer to understand overall solutions needs and functionality of MSI and third party applications.
- Takes ownership of the technical solution from pre and post-sale.
- Works with the project manager to develop the project deployment schedule.
- Identify technical risks of the projects and works with PM on mitigation plans.
- Identify customer expectation mismatch to how products work and works with PM on mitigation plans.
- Technical counterpart with the PM in third party vendor, customer, and internal facing meetings.
- Owns project change control as it pertains to the overall technical solution.
- The individual will be responsible for overseeing all microwave aspects of assigned microwave projects from award until system acceptance, ensuring Motorola and industry best practices are followed for:
- Detailed design and implementation
- Customer Presentations
- System Staging
- System Installations
- System Acceptance Testing
- System Documentation
- Experience in leading small, medium, to large sized microwave projects.
- Responsible for understanding all aspects of complex microwave solutions.
- Experience in direct management and oversight of multiple microwave subcontractors.
- Demonstrated complex customer engagement experience, with multiple large, strategic projects, preferably some global.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accountability.
- Established track record of designing and developing successful consulting and services solutions related to microwave.
- Experience directly working with end-user customers
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to nontechnical audiences.
- Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
- Hands on experience configuring hardware and troubleshooting problems/outages.
- Experience in Microwave Path design, Pathloss 5, frequency coordination, antenna line systems, waveguide, coax, circulators, combiners, multiplexers, fiber.
- Microwave interference mitigation
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations for microwave system licensing and coordination
- Good understanding of RF Engineering concepts and different antenna types
- Experience/knowledge in TDM networks, DS1, DS3, channel banks, T1-switching, OC3, SONET.
- Knowledge of interfacing with ISPs, MetroEthernet, other service providers
- Knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies; troubleshooting (Ethernet, QoS, DNS, DNCP, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS)
- Experience working with Nokia, Aviat, MNI, Cambium, and other alike microwave vendors
- Previous knowledge with networking components from vendors such as Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, HP, etc.
- BS degree in Engineering or Similar with 5+ years of experience in designing and deploying Microwave networks
- OR 7-8+ years of experience with microwave networks
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.