At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
This position supports the Product and Technology Department by developing hybrid Mobile App using Flutter for business use.
- Develop Mobile Application using Flutter framework
- Develop solutions that integrate with company’s proprietary platform and other 3rd party systems using native SDKs, web services, and other technologies.
- Deploy applications following the best CI/CD practice
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to mobile development
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Analysis – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- At least 2 years of experience with hybrid mobile applications using Flutter
- Knowledge of hybrid application development
- Working understanding of the hybrid mobile application development cycle
- Solid understanding of mobile development best practices
- Education: Bachelor or Graduate degree in Computer Science, or another quantitative field - or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of experience in relevant field
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.