BigTime is the engine behind the greatest consulting firms on the planet, delivering back-office time/budgeting and invoicing to over 2,000 firms worldwide and tracking over $2 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry. BigTime is a PE-backed company based in Chicago committed to helping clients run professional teams more efficiently, unlocking potential revenue and improving profitability.
If you love what you do, and want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that will challenge you to do your best, then check us out!
BigTime Software is looking to add a dynamic Mobile Developer to our Chicago-based development team. The individual in this role will collaborate extensively to design, build, and test functionality in our award-winning, cloud based system.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about development and able to solve difficult technical problems in a fast-paced, agile environment.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Architect and design complex, highly interactive iOS and Android mobile application solutions.
- Design mobile applications for reliability, security, and performance.
- Debugging, troubleshooting and abstract problem-solving of mobile applications..
- Develop mobile applications in Kotlin and Java for Android Devices as well as Objective-C and Swift for iOS using test-driven development practices.
- Analyze business requirements for specific scenarios and design/implement/test appropriate solutions.
- Familiarity with both iOS and Android ecosystem, and popular frameworks such as React Native, and Flutter.
- Work in a small team where daily interactions are needed to rapidly prototype candidate ideas.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
- Work on projects under time-limited conditions and be willing to iterate through several different implementations before the final one is chosen.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies and design.
What experience you should have:
- 3+ years of hands on experience building B2B SaaS Mobile Applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or its professional equivalent.
- Developed a mobile application from concept to production.
- Deep knowledge of Android and IOS mobile application development in the following native languages: Objective-c and Java
- Experience in designing and integrating mobile apps with web-services and external Restful APIs.
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline for mobile applications.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture, mobile app trends and best practices.
- Great reading, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with product managers, QA, designers and business stakeholders
- Business applications, accounting
- Experience with Agile methodologies to align with business priorities, break down work into Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and iterate quickly on product changes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a clear understanding of development best practices
What you can expect about life at BigTime:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off and paid company holidays
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
- Weekly Lunch Credit via DoorDash and company paid DashPass (free unlimited delivery)
- While the role is based in Chicago, we offer Flexible Work Environment with opportunity to work remotely
- Fresh fruit, snacks, cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Great, convenient downtown / loop location (While we are still working remotely due to COVID, we feel this is worth highlighting)
- Flexible work environment with remote work opportunity
Please, no agency or third party solicitation.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.