Mobile QA Automation Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Mobile QA Engineer is a member of the Enterprise Quality Assurance team working on new, emerging, and existing software products. The candidate must be able to ensure the product meets the needs specified in the requirements and analysis documents of the project. This includes review of the requirements and design documentation; following standards for mobile development; and conducting and reporting the results of an acceptance test plan which is cost effective given the risk of the project.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for developers, architects, and product managers in the areas of testing as it relates to mobile automation.
- Design test automation processes and consult with development teams to implement workflows in an Agile working environment.
- Lead the test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery. Develop effective test strategies.
- Conduct mobile application automation using different frameworks (e.g. Appium, XCUITest, Espresso) in the areas of design, creation, maintenance, deployment and reporting for iOS and/or Android.
- Perform extensive functionality, integration, regression, interoperability and end-to-end system testing when necessary.
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations teams to establish test methodologies and best practices across the groups, including test case creation, regression suite creation, test strategy designs, functional code verification to ensure that the highest quality software is deployed safely and quickly.
- Support ongoing feature development from testing perspective by creating and executing automation suites (experience with Java/Python frameworks, Selenium, Appium).
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them to a bug tracking database (JIRA)
- 4+ total years of experience as a QA Engineer working on web or mobile software.
- 2+ years of experience testing native mobile apps (iOS and Android preferred).
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks nice to have (Appium, Robotium, Calabash, etc).
- Automation - Appium (Java/Python) hands on technical experience, including best practices in flexibility and scalability
- Exposure to or hands on experience in one or both mobile platform’s native automation framework offerings is also preferred:
- Android - Espresso or like - (Java/Kotlin, Android Studio, Dagger 2, OkHttp, RxJava, Glide, or knowledge of common Android libraries and patterns)
- iOS - XCUI or like - (SWIFT, Xcode IDE, XCUITest framework)
- Solid knowledge of QA/Test methodologies, test documentation, bugs creation skill set and practices.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in feature and end-to-end testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are highly detail-oriented
- Automation in API/services level, web-based applications and mobile applications.
- Insurance or automotive industry experience a plus
- Ability to prioritize test activities and testing tasks
- Ability to work independently on complex issues and lead large size projects/releases
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!