.Net Developer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What’s a .NET Developer at Clearcover?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, The .Net Developer will be a web programmer with a strong understanding of the .NET framework using C#. This person will be responsible for creating a variety of online software, applications, development and interfaces.
What will you bring as a .NET Developer?
- .NET 5 / C# 9.0 / EF Core 5.0 familiarity or willingness to learn (current versions of these technologies are relatively new)
- ASP.NET Core, otherwise Web API and / or MVC experience will do
- Open API / Swagger / ReDoc
- Experience methodically refactoring / rewriting old code bases as a team, using best practices and adhering to a larger refactoring strategy
What will you do as a .NET Developer?
- Design, build and maintain our backend applications and infrastructure
- Own features from start to finish while working with your Scrum team to ensure on time delivery with technical excellence and quality
- Collaborate with other teammates to creatively solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to users interface and experience
- Work with the engineering and product team to help bring the features on our ambitious roadmap to life for our customers
What will you have as a .Net Developer?
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Strong architecture skills, able to present ideas and implement designs to meet the needs of customers
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions
- Produces clean, correct code with minimal guidance; consistently follows stated best practices, with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and integrate external systems, and perform testing at unit and integration level
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater futureExperience working on a Scrum team
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.