.NET Software Engineer
Help us work directly with America’s best employers to bring joy and gratitude to millions of employees.
We’re looking for a full-time Software Engineer - .Net to join our well-established Software Engineering team and help us expand the feature set of our flagship application.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About this Role
The Software Engineer - .Net is a full-time, mid-level position within PerkSpot Technology and a member of the Software Engineering team. The Software Engineer role operates across the entire technical stack of our application, with a focus on strong back-end and data-centric development.
As a Software Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Participate on design solutions for complex business and application requirements
- Create new feature sets adhering to the established SDLC, with strong emphasis on Unit Testing and Release Procedures
- Work on troubleshooting and correcting code defects
- Code integrations to 3rd party tools and applications
- Participate in team meetings and collaborate in programming tasks with all engineers
We are looking for candidates who have 3 - 5 years of .Net development experience that includes some or all of the following skills:
- Strong professional background in Microsoft .NET, especially c# and ASP.NET.
- Basic experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Rackspace, Azure, AWS) and working with virtualized systems, including: application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure.
- Thorough background of relational database design, development, and maintenance.
- Experience with SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Focus on test driven development (TDD) and experience with at least one major testing framework.
- Previous experience designing, building, and testing REST-ful APIs.
- Understands of NoSQL data structures (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB).
- Understands the principles of S.O.L.I.D. and object-oriented design
- Understands Agile process with emphasis on Stories and Points
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other advanced technical or science degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Azure, Rackspace, AWS) and working with virtualized systems.
- Competency with T-SQL.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.