About p44 and Ocean Insights
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
Ocean Insights as a part of project44 combines container liner schedules and carriers' container tracking information with neutral AIS vessel tracking data, allowing our customer to plan and monitor supply chain operations on a level never experienced before.
With strong IT focus and an expert team of data analysts, we take pride in supporting our customers and showing the guiding thread in a field where data is often hardly available and even less often comparable.
Our team is constantly working on new approaches and innovative solutions to make our customer's day-to-day operations easier and give them the knowledge and tools to be a step ahead.
What are your responsibilities as Network Engineer in our team?
- Support and maintenance of our company’s network and cloud infrastructures
- Collaboration with network architects to shape and implement functional network infrastructure
- Analysis and solution of network problems, especially support of team members and user requests
- Problem-solving within both local and cloud infrastructures
- Creation, evaluation and implementation of network security measurements
- Conducting regular network-performance tests
What do we expect from you?
- At least 3 years of work experience in Network Engineering or any related field
- A good understanding of communication- and routing-protocols
- Knowledge about system administration and IP-networks with Linux systems
- Familiarity with network safety and firewalls
- First contact with cloud networking would be great
- A degree or training in Computer Science or any related field is a plus, but we also encourage lateral entrants to apply
- Excellent language skills in German and English, verbally and written are required
What are your benefits?
- Flexible work model and work-from-home options
- Up to eight hours of free education per month to develop and strengthen your working skills
- Coffee, tea, water and fruits are freely available in our office
- Activities like having lunch together, participating in sport activities or yoga-courses for all employees
- Employee benefits: 2 out of 5 (e.g. internet flatrate), shopping benefits
- project44 stock options
What else is there to say?
Our everyday working life is flanked by the warm, open and at the same time performance-driven company culture. We are scattered all over the world, so there is always a breeze of the big wide world blowing through our office.
Become a part of our open and ambitious team! We look forward to your application!