Network Engineer at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries.
What are we looking for?
Our Cloud and Infrastructure Practice is seeking a Sr. Network Consultant that will focus on serving clients with strategy, planning, designing, building and deploying converged network and security infrastructures. From a planning perspective, you will work with clients to understand key business objectives and drivers, and design network components to support those requirements to develop an overall network and security architecture. Design involves working with clients and network hardware and service vendors to engineer the network infrastructure and security solution based on client guidelines and requirements. Building and deploying activities involve building and configuring the network infrastructure and security solution components and migrating users and data to the new environment. The ideal resource for this position will possess knowledge and experience in architecture, engineering, and deploying network infrastructure and security solutions, and should have technical experience (hands-on implementation) in these areas. In addition, you should also possess strong project management and work planning skills, and the ability to interact with client personnel at all levels, as well as understands the network implications of business requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Assess current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, gathering and defining business and technical requirements
- Collaborate face-to-face with clients and West Monroe Partners’ project teams to implement processes and technology that support various technical and business functions
- Plan, organize, and manage network-related work streams or projects
- Contribute to the practice by developing and improving reusable methodologies and solutions for client engagements
- Develop detailed network designs in the following areas: on-premises data (LAN, WAN, Data Center), Cloud (AWS, Azure), and Network Security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS)
- Perform on-premises implementations (Cisco IOS, ASA, Nexus, Meraki, Palo Alto, Fortigate, Juniper, Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent) and configuration associated with Layer 2 switching (VLANs, STP, vPC, LACP), Layer 3 routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), Network Security (ACLs, NATs, IPsec VPNs, SSL remote access VPNs), and QoS
- Perform hybrid cloud network implementations, either in AWS VPCs or Azure VNETs via either VPN or dedicated circuits (ExpressRoute or Direct Connect)
- Network services, such as load balancers, RADIUS, TACACS, DNS, DHCP and network monitoring tools
- Perform assessments of existing client network infrastructures and document "as-is" environments
- Organize project work into client presentations, outlining findings and recommendations for C-level executives
- Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3-7 years of experience designing and implementing networking solutions
- 1+ total years of consulting experience is preferred
- Must have an associate-level certification in a well-known vendor (CCNA, JNCIA, NRS I) with network management knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or other related field
- Professional level certifications in a well-known vendor (CCNP, JNCIP, NRS II) or higher preferred
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements, at least 60%