Network Engineer at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is seeking a Network Engineer to join our growing Intel Department. In this new role, the Network Engineer will ensure the overall integrity of our network by designing, implementing, and monitoring the performance of our trading and enterprise network infrastructure. They will also work with Linux administrators to automate the management of the network.
What you’ll do
Our Network Engieers perform a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, and installations to ensure the strength and stability of our network, while also providing direction and recommendations on network configuration improvements. In this new role, Network Engineers will also get the opportunity to expand their skills in Linux and automation while learning a variety of technologies.
- Monitor performance metrics across the LAN and WAN for proactive capacity planning and issue resolution
- Work with other teams to identify and reduce latency across trading systems
- Manage Layer 3 routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and PIM
- Evaluate low latency switching and routing hardware solutions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of layer 2 topologies
- Support existing network environment and change requests
- Troubleshoot production issues on network hardware and provide support to software applications debugging
- Monitor network diagnostics to ensure proper network performance, measurement, and debugging protocols
- Configure firewalls and support VPN environment enhancements
- Document environment topologies and changes
- Leverage scripting languages to automate common tasks
- Research and evaluate the potential benefit of new technologies
What you’ll need
We're looking for Network Engineers who are detail-oriented, attentive and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Networking or related degree
- 3-5 years of experience with network administration
- Ability to learn new network protocols quickly for the purpose of troubleshooting, monitoring and design considerations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both individual and team settings
- Strong desire to expand current skill set and learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly self-motivated to succeed in the position with room for occupational growth
- General knowledge of Linux administration a plus
- Knowledge of Juniper, Palo Alto, and Arista networking technologies a plus
- Competency in some scripting language a plus (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Scheme, etc.)
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. You name it, we trade it. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Not sure what this means? No sweat. Our in-house learning and development team, Belvedere Trading University (BTU), will teach you most everything you need to know.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.