Network Security Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Engineers solutions in alignment with the Cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and maintains processes for the delivery of highly complex secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects, and regulatory and risk requirements. Facilitates process engineering, risk remediation, and mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by collaborating to introduce technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps, and systems design. Contributes to analyzing cyber technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Identifies robust solutions and builds resilient next-generation systems to solve business challenges and enhance the control environment.
- Manages relationships with security partners and vendors.
- Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory, and legal requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, and develops security solutions with Cybersecurity architects to ensure it is consistent with corporate technology goals and risk tolerance levels.
- Provides direction to infrastructure, operations, data, and application developments groups throughout the transitioning phase, implementation in production, and beyond.
- Validates current- and future-state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for supported security technologies, and act as subject matter expert during escalations.
- Oversees security requirements and technical specifications to guide project implementation toward successful solution delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of engineering next-gen designs, security trends, threats, and attack techniques.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with management, peers, project managers, and internal customers.
- Designs and engineers solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 6+ years of experience in Information Security, Security Engineering, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years working with REST services and applications that provide/consume data
- 2+ years working with CI/CD including Docker, Jenkins, or related products
- Hands on experience with GIT/GitHub
- Strong Python scripting skills
- Knowledge of Ansible/Ansible Tower preferred
- Experience implementing distributed Python applications in both onsite and cloud native infrastructure (such as AWS Lambda)
- Experience deploying application infrastructure using Terraform
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!