DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Network Security Team Lead to manage the network security team to ensure that our infrastructure and networks are properly protected. They will design, coordinate and implement security controls, audit configurations, and design networks in a hybrid compute environment. A successful candidate will have an attention to detail, the ability to understand what impacts their changes have on the network and relevant associated services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with security team and other internal groups to help gather requirements, implement solutions and support our global environment
- Design, configure, maintain, upgrade and investigate ley elements related to our various firewalls, IPS, and VPN concentrators
- Coach and coordinate the activities of the firewall team
- Improving our support tools and processes to enhance our monitoring and automation efforts
What we’re looking for:
- A senior network engineer with implementation and support experience
- Experience with firewalls, client VPN, and IPS
- You are OK with some on-call, night and weekend work
- Passionate about high-quality work and relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Full understanding of network concepts like TCP, UDP, IP, the OSI Model, Layer 1/2/3, etc.
- The ability to dissect and analyze network packet captures to dig into security incidents and to understand where things are failing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.