With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data from patients and from biological models. While developing and screening organoid models directly from patient tumor samples, scientists will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What you will do:
- Design and execute organoid experiments to generate high dimensional data sets.
- Work with a cutting-edge biological modeling tools and optimize assays to facilitate the development of deep learning algorithms, and identify novel tumor cohorts and precision medicine strategies.
- Work with our Modeling team on phenotypic assay development, data quality metrics, and structuring of in vitro data for analysis in the context of orthogonal data sets.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers and product developers to translate research from single cell data and biological modeling into actionable insights.
- PhD with 6+ years of experience in stem cell, cell biology, or molecular biology
- Significant experience with organoid culture and cell based assays
- Demonstrated experience working with assay development and data analysis through Next Gen sequencing
- Fundamental understanding of cancer pathophysiology
- Extensive microscopy experience