Performance Test Engineer at Strata Decision Technology
Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As a Performance Test Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with application developers, architects, DBAs, DevOps engineers, and business stakeholders to improve the performance and scalability of our products. Your key responsibilities include:
- Understand the business needs and core products.
- Collaborate with application teams to improve performance and load testing processes, approaches, tools, and techniques.
- Establish a high-level performance testing strategy.
- Build test plans and detailed performance test scripts for key user workflows using non-functional requirements.
- Analyze performance test results for accuracy, clarity, and completeness and share with key stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in root cause analysis of performance defects and provide insights into optimization opportunities.
- Analyze production data to identify cross-solution dependencies and application bottlenecks.
- Support the business’ capacity planning processes.
- Maintain performance testing applications, environment, and datasets.
- Integrate performance testing scripts into CI/CD pipeline.
- Guide, mentor and train other engineers on performance and capacity testing.
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related engineering field)
- 3+ years of work experience in performance testing
- Track record of planning and driving complex performance engineering projects
- Strong background using industry standard performance testing and automation tools like Apache JMeter, BlazeMeter, Visual Studio Load Tests, and HP LoadRunner
- Strong understanding of Databases and SQL
- Experience using network proxy tools e.g. Fiddler, Charles, Wireshark, etc.
- Experience with gathering and analyzing performance metrics using SQL Profiler, Grafana, etc
- Exposure to CI/CD & DevOps processes
- Exposure to using performance testing tools in the Cloud
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Strong, self-motivated desire to continuously improve quality through optimization, automation, and innovation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.