Performance Test Engineer
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience working with HP Performance Center, LoadRunner, JMeter and/or similar load testing tools, in end-to-end performance testing of systems involving multiple technologies and multi-tier architecture
- 5+ years of experience in VuGen scripting using Web HTTP/HTML, Web Services, AJAX/TruClient, .NET and Winsock protocols; Ability to customize VuGen scripts through the use of programming languages like C, C++ or Java
- Strong understanding of performance testing methodologies, best practices, and evolving technologies and trends
- Expert level skills in performance test tool utilization, including scripting, building and executing scenarios, collecting and analyzing performance metrics
We'd Love to See:
- Understand and be able to use monitoring tools like Splunk, CA APM, HP Diagnostics, Dynatrace, SCOM and Windows Perfmon
- Understanding of Agile SDLC; Ability to work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment is preferred.
- Experience using network monitoring tools like Wireshark and Fiddler and profiling tools like HPjmeter.
- Proficiency with XML, SOAP, JSON, and WSDL is preferred; CI/CD experience with Jenkins a plus.
- Experience working with HP ALM, CA Agile Central and JIRA is preferred; Ab Initio experience preferred as well.
Impact You'll Make:
- In the first 90 days: Work closely with Scrum team members to understand TransUnion products and customer needs, engineer performance tests for existing test suites
- Beyond 90 days: Work with teams on new applications and products, designing and engineering performance tests for new products, and work with architects and developers to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolves system performance issues
- Work with App Dev teams to build performance engineering into their CICD pipelines, and contribute to the DevOps maturity of our applications
- Contribute to the evolution of TransUnion's Performance Engineering practice by initiating and participating in POC initiatives for new and emerging technologies and tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.