PHP Software Engineer
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago and is revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software brings the decision-making power of data-driven analytics to small and medium businesses.
We’re looking for software engineers with experience building high-throughput, data-intensive applications in PHP. Our ideal candidate has built services within a horizontally scalable cloud architecture, but we’ll consider candidates with any experience. We value iteration, customer focus, and humility above all.
Recently, we've used PHP in the following ways:
Used Lumen's tooling around jobs and queues to break out and scale asynchronous processing tasks
Adopted PSR standards for requests and queue interfaces
Used dependency injection and service container patterns to revitalize old codebase and greatly improve testability
Built an asynchronous real time chat application deeply integrated into the ActiveCampaign platform powered by multiple Lumen services
You can help us extend and scale our marketing platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
What your day could consist of:
- Build, test, and ship features confidently and with low friction through a modern GitLab continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline
- Work closely with your autonomous, cross-functional team
- Teach as much as you learn
- Validate your designs by building performance and load testing tools
- Measure, optimize, and re-architect production systems as they reach their limits
- Work with engineers on other teams to design services and APIs that enable feature work across our engineering organization
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Experience building and shipping scalable applications in PHP
- Opinions on software testing
- Experience as a mentor or an apprentice
- Fluency in other programming languages and platforms is nice, but not required
- Experience with MVC frameworks a plus (like Symfony, Lumen, or Laravel)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description