PHP Web Developer
As a Web Developer, your main responsibility will be front-end & back-end development, template creations, and module installation & development.
This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, HTML5, CSS3, etc.) and aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the colour and font choices, and so on). The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. A solid understanding of Drupal 8 is a must and working knowledge of Acquia Cloud. In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with back-end knowledge, is preferred.
- Design, develop and implement custom code modules in PHP/Drupal, work with configuration management and create/maintain (Drupal) features.
- Developing and implementing new features and functionality
- Creating/Editing CMS page template based of mock-ups from both Creative and Digital Marketing
- Ensuring technical best practices and high-performance site/server optimization
- Managing technical aspects of Drupal 8, including databases on Acquia Cloud
- Adept with working on large, complex sites, preferably experienced in multi-lingual sites
- Experience developing on a team, using Git version control, Bitbucket, Acquia Cloud, scrum methodology, Jira, Asana, Circle CI and Docker
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Provide all documentation, including code, test, training plans, and user documentation
- Work closely with the Online Digital Marketing Team, Creative Team, and external agencies to ensure an effective, functional, and intuitive implementation of needs
- Bachelor or master; Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-4 year’s experience developing dynamic web solutions in Drupal 8 and PHP implementations
- Experience with PHP, PHP files/theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Experience with version control and code repositories is a must (Git, Bitbucket) with working knowledge of SSH
- Experience with Acquia Cloud
- Experience with Circle CI, Docker
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile
- Excellent communication skills
- Acquia certified Developer - Back-end, Front end or Developer certification