Pre Sales Engineer at SPINS LLC
Who We are
For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
Being part of SPINS means becoming an expert at making the New happen Now. We are an innovation-led company that works at the heart of our client and partner’s organizations so that no matter how complex the business challenge, we face the future with confidence. If you love solving challenges and not just studying them, then this is right place for you. Join us to develop your ideas into provocative points of view and transformative insights that help shape our industry.
Pre Sales Engineers/Solutions Architects translate client requirements and objectives into solutions that will create mutual value for SPINS and our client partners. They are master craftsmen using all tools in the arsenal, Solutions Architects use their robust delivery skills, deep understanding of the competitive landscape and unparalleled knowledge of SPINS’ offerings to create win/win solutions for our clients. Sales understanding and industry acumen allow them to empower our clients with creative solutions and to advocate SPINS’ offerings throughout the market landscape. This position reports to Vice President, Sales and is located in Chicago.
What you’ll do:
- Work with SPINS sales account directors and sales leadership to develop and deliver new business through trust and value-led relationships with the key client stakeholders responsible for manufacturer/CPG growth initiatives and play the role of a trusted advisor and team player
- Develop automated and other sales enablement-based tools to maximize client whitespace identification/ROI and to scale client/prospect opportunity generation
- Gather client feedback to provide voice of customer reports to the SPINS Product Team, and to serve as a main technical liaison between the SPINS sales and product teams
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients for “best-in-class” and potentially customized ways to partner with SPINS
- Help perform client assessments, execute chairside utilization sessions, and develop cohesive conclusions and create materials to present key findings to the executive level stakeholders
- Coach Business Analyst team members, and continue to grow your own expertise to help SPINS maintain its thought-leadership position in the industry
- Continue to drive SPINS’s thought leadership position in the industry through content generation and data analysis, delivering presentations at seminars, trade shows, and annual conferences
- Consistently elevate the Industry Acumen of the SPINS manufacturer/brand sales teams through internal presentations and trainings
- Occasional travel (1-2x per month) to client locations, trade shows.
What you bring:
- Minimum 3+ Years Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry Experience
- Very proficient in PowerPoint and Excel, Knowledge and Proficiency in BI Platform Development
- Experience in sales-support roles using data, insight and visualization, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Business and commercial acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization, all with high levels of empathy
- Data analysis and storytelling - Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies, and opportunities in data sets
- Experience working with syndicated data (preferred SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or data in a CPG manufacturing setting)
- Experience in the natural/specialty industry is a plus
- Proven track record of problem-solving and decision making based on analytics; conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.