Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Are you passionate about next-gen technology? Do you get excited when you hear the word product delivery, digital or agile? If you have answered yes to above, you have come to the right place. Digital Payments Business Technology is building out a new team of highly skilled Engineers who will be working on one of Discovers exciting new initiatives around Click-to-Pay in our Digital Networks space.
In this position, you will be a leader in our Digital Payments technology domain. Your talents will allow you to contribute, if not shape, our Business and Technology outcomes. We want you to help create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans. We need your talents to help ensure our outcomes are aligning to the needs of our Customers and Partners. Most rewarding, you will work with the leading mobile payment players in the world while actively contribute to the developer experience by enhancing current solution patterns and defining new ones. All cutting edge work leveraging the latest technologies in the industry.
Responsible for developing, creating, modifying, and integrating computer applications software. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Responsible for the overall architecture and system design and ensures that teams follow the best practices. Provides guidance to the teams and performs POCs for the new software and tools.
- Communicates with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Ensure our solution is properly addressing scalability, security, availability, and maintainability needs
- Collaborates with technology teams to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Provide specialized expertise and applied knowledge on technical aspects of our Discover Payment Services’ Digital Payment Technology solution (Discover Digital Exchange (DDX))
- Develop software deployment architectures and corresponding estimates
- Develop proof of concepts & critical software application components
- Software quality governance and team mentoring for multiple teams
- Create and review technical requirements and translate into platform enablers
- Review business requirements and assist in translating into features/user stories
- Learn new technologies and promote the adoption of frameworks that deliver customer value
- Enable the team to be cross-functional and autonomous
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk/compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of Application Development / Leadership, or related experience
- In Lieu of Education 10+ years of Application Development / Leadership, or related experience
- 6+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience in our Tech Stack
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on solution architecture experience in our Tech Stack
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on exposure to the mobile payment architectures such as ApplePay or other secure element implementations
- Passion for learning
- Strong collaborator
- Servant leader
- Experience with framework and API design
- Studied architectural patterns at scale, including thoughtfully-designed APIs, repeatable delivery pipelines, and efficient computer engineering principles
- Utilize and/or contribute to open source projects
- Proficient across the technical stack
- Deep knowledge and understanding of emerging trends in software engineering
- Core Java or Object Orientated Programming
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot)
- JSON processing and validation
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus, Chef, Ansible
- Messaging systems: MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Data/Cache Technologies: Oracle, Maria, Gemfire
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/Cloud Foundry/VM)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.