Principal Application Architect
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
- Verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborates with technology teams to select appropriate design solutions and ensures the compatibility of system components.
- Documents design specifications, installation instructions, and other system information.
- Provides advice on project costs, designs, concepts, and changes.
- Communicates with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Responsible for developing, creating, modifying, and integrating computer software. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Explore how new technology solves complex business problems
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related field
- Experience working in a Cloud based environment (specifically AWS/PCF)
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.