Principal Backend Engineer at Vibes
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. The Vibes Mobile Engagement Platform enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Google Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than ten billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chipotle, Discover, Home Depot, PetSmart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA). To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
Vibes is seeking an experienced backend engineers who is passionate about best-in-class engineering standards and leading through change.
We are a group of passionate technologists, intent on solving hard problems in the evolving world of mobile engagement. We focus on collaboration and continuous improvement of our products and ourselves. Our current initiatives are focused on scaling our mobile marketing platform and bringing customer-driven experiences to light.
You are an experienced engineer who is dedicated to building creative and scalable web applications. You embrace and promote engineering practices that support resilience and collaboration. You've architected web applications to scale, are a test-driven practitioner, advocate for automated pipelines, and are seeking an opportunity to work on the next generation of web applications with a passionate team.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering and works from 300 W. Adam Street, Chicago, IL.
- 2+ years leading engineering work in context of evolving architecture
- 6+ years' experience developing highly scalable web applications
- Strong working knowledge of either Ruby or Java
- Demonstrated success as a backend thought-leader; able to effect change on engineering team practices
- developing multiple web applications
- reforming existing web applications (a plus)
- working with AWS (a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and cross functional interactions (Product, UI/UX, QA, et al)
Our Core Values
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.