Join Rally Health as a Principal Backend Software Engineer on the Guidance team where you will help build a product that provides a cohesive experience for users to discover and manage their medical portfolio. You will be technically hands-on in your role and will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.You Will:
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to ensure distributed transactions
- Architect and build scalable systems
- Guide overall technical vision and architecture
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring new technologies and solve health care tech
- Work with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, cost, code, test and deliver
- Have a deep interest in software engineering and strong knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, internet protocols, multithreaded programming, machine learning, performance, reliability, scalability, and security
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend development
- Expert level coding in Scala / Java or another modern compiled language
- Interest in learning Scala (We provide training)
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- Experience with building and operating cloud-based services in a public cloud
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing) services
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states (including remote): AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
- Colorado Residents Only: The expected salary range for this position will be: $133,919.00 - $180,000.00
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will elevate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to ultimately better deliver our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.