Principal Compliance Tester at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for verifying that operating units are compliant with all appropriate local, state and federal regulations through execution of the compliance testing program, establishment of testing plans, collaboration with business management to identify compliance issues and corrective action plans, and preparation of compliance report to communicate the scope and severity of concerns identified to the applicable level of management. The role is responsible for supervising (indirectly) compliance department personnel.
- Collaborates with various level of management within the areas of responsibilities, including the risk functions within the first line of defense. Evaluates and tests the adequacy of business processes and practices with respect to risks, controls, and regulatory requirements, identifying gaps and issues.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements. Supports enterprise risk and compliance management in developing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise-wide compliance program and culture of compliance.
- Monitors and validates status of corrective actions taken by business partners to remediate concerns.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of testing work papers and supporting documentation. Drafts written reports regarding compliance testing results.
- Manages activities of Compliance Testing staff (direct/indirect), including training, and is responsible for the overall integrity and quality of the work product.
- Understanding of the control environment, including assessment of control design and control effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or Legal
- 6+ years of experience in Compliance, Financial Services, Risk, and/or BSA/AML
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Legal
- 8+ years of experience, 5 years in Testing, Quality Assurance, Risk & Controls, and/or Audit
- 1-3 years of experience in management
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)or similar certification
- Certified Internal Auditor
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.