Principal Dev Tools Engineer at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for a Principal Engineer of Tooling to join our team. You will be collaborating with our software development teams to assist them in creating reliable well behaved applications and getting those applications deployed safely in production. You will be leading a team to work on custom tooling to support our developers and development infrastructure at GoHealth.Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Help develop and deploy tools and systems that assist GoHealth's Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software.
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that multiply our teams effectiveness.
- Document internal tooling
- Use strong problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred.
- Software development experience with one or more languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java).
- Hands-on experience using build tooling such as Gradle, Maven, Bazel or others.
- Detail-oriented individual, with strong communication skills used to collaborate and keep others informed.
- Knowledge and experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Podman, Runc, CRI-O, Kubernetes is useful.
- Ability to produce results while working independently, and in a team environment.
- Experience using version control tools such as, GIT and Mercurial.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy because work life balance is important
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.