Principal DevOps Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We have a vision for cloud-native continuous software delivery: Automation should free engineering teams from drudgery to focus on their core goals, whilst technical guardrails should enforce security and compliance by design.
Our Enterprise Architecture organization is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and proactive DevOps Architect/Engineer to join the DevOps Center of Excellence and help refine and implement our vision. You will be responsible for defining enterprise-wide IaC and CICD pipeline patterns and processes to enable faster development flow by systematically reducing development cycle time and increasing built-in quality.
In collaboration with our Development, Testing, Systems Architecture and Infrastructure groups, you will drive and deliver automated software delivery practices targeting fully automated delivery from scrum team to production.
This is an opportunity to use your knowledge of industry best practices to define the future direction of software delivery at Discover.
- Lead high-functioning, diverse technology teams; direct others and independently determine resolutions for key initiatives
- Defining Enterprise-wide IaC, CICD and DevOps patterns based on industry best practice
- Defining roadmaps for common pipeline shared libraries and curating their development
- Working with product engineering teams to create bespoke DevOps roadmaps
- Driving the migration from physical/virtual servers to a cloud based environment
- Acting as Product Owner of the feature backlog for the DevOps Centre of Excellence
- Defining automated solutions for monitoring and dashboarding
- Working with Systems Architects and Development Leads to ensure software solutions are cloud-ready
- Working with Enterprise infrastructure teams to determine direction of new DevOps tooling and plan rollouts
- Mentor senior staff and engineers in both technical and soft skills
Our Tech Stack:
- Tools: Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Programming Languages: Java, AngularJS, React, Node.js, Python
- Hadoop, Spark, Storm
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis
- Target Platforms: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, RHEL, VMware
- Database: Oracle, MariaDB, MySQL, Gemfire
- Test Automation: Cucumber, Selenium, Protractor, WireMock
- Cloud Services: AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, ECS, Lambda, nginx
- App Servers: Tomcat, Websphere
- Scheduler: Autosys
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- A proven background in software delivery automation
- Experience of software-at-scale in the cloud
- Experience of Java development and architecture patterns
- Knowledge of containerisation platforms
- CICD Pipeline Automation using Jenkins DSL (scripted or declarative)
- Experience of Asset Repo e.g. Nexus/Artifactory
- Exposure to a flavour of Git, including common branching strategies
Nice to have:
- TOGAF Certification
- AWS Certification
- Cloud Foundry, PCF
- RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.