What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles-
We are seeking a Principal Azure Automation Engineer to provide expertise in design and implementation of the Azure technologies as well as technical advice and guidance. You will contribute in the areas of standardized automated infrastructure and service provisioning, configuration and orchestration, increased adoption of Kubernates and service mesh technologies.
Our eCommerce platform uses both on-premise and Azure technologies. Join us as we continue our jorney toward multi-region Azure cloud vision.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Be subject mater expert for a range of Azure technologies
- Develop, test, deploy, and optimize IAC code for Azure IaaS and PaaS (Terraform)
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining a secure and well-managed environment in Azure
- Translate requirements into technical design that utilizes Azure and complementary technologies
- Partner with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud
- Champion high availability for critical systems, and systematically root out single points of failure
- Ensure sufficient logging, monitoring, alerting and other areas of observability for infrastructure with high-availability requirements
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams planning and implementing large migrations
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering or systems engineering fields
- 3+ years working in Azure architecture, configuration, and management
- Deep experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, ARM templates, etc
- Deep experience with configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible or Chef
- Deep experience with interpreted languages such as Ruby or Python
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Service Mesh (Istio)
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making in complex situations
- You communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- Experience with monitoring systems, tracing and observability
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.