Principal DevOps Engineer at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
*** THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE AT 350 N. ORLEANS ***
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with Cloud Platform experience to join our quickly growing technology team. Central to our model and overall organizational success, we develop capabilities to be utilized across the analytics enterprise, create products and solutions to drive business decisions, enable the execution of business strategies, and measure business and clinical outcomes. While this role will be dynamic in nature, specific responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer will include:
Responsible for using experience and hands-on approach with next-generation technologies to contribute to the team that delivers the latest data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
- Act as a lead engineer on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing data platforms that support Discover’s Advanced Analytic user community
- Engineer leading-edge analytics environments including software, data platforms and user tools that enable productivity and application integration in a secure fashion
- Adapt to new technologies and approaches for the product as we move toward cloud-based deployments leveraging containers on Kubernetes.
- Participate in the development of internal software products
- Embody and exemplify our “devops” culture
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years’ work experience
- Experience in at least 1 language / scripting framework (Bash, Python, Java, etc.) and desire to pick up another language
- 5+ years in Linux/Unix including basic commands, shell scripting and solution engineering
- 2+ years Cloud Platform Experience, preferably AWS
- 2+ years Container Orchestration platforms (i.e. Kubernetes, Openshift, Docker, etc..)
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms and technologies such as S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, EC2, Spark, Lambda and other Cloud Data Technologies
- Experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems (Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
- Industry experience in Financial Services or other regulated industries
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!