Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Currently seeking a thoughtful and well-rounded Operation and Security focused Principal Engineer (devsecops) to be a part of the Cloud Data Platform group within the Business Technology hub. In this role, the individual will work cross-functionally to help implement and operationalize some of the most advanced cloud architecture-based products and services. The individual will also be required have a good cloud security background, and foster a security mindset while contributing core functionalities for the team.
This is a key position that requires both a “hands on” approach for problem diagnosis, and development of practices that align to the Discover’s operational excellence and Cloud security requirements. Will guide junior team members in implementation of solutions from inception to production.
- Ensure scalability, reliability and security within Cloud Data Platform (CDP) solutions and products
- Work closely with other Cloud Engineering teams within DFS to build/support standards, patterns and tools to make effective use of cloud data platform both from Operational excellence and Cloud Data Platform Security perspective.
- Create operational artifacts, run-books and SLA documents associated with Cloud Data Platform services and products.
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders about Cloud Data Platform operational activities (including RCA)
- Mentor junior Cloud Data Platform Operations Engineers
- Lead Cloud Data Platform Compliance efforts (PCI and SOX)
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of work experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- In lieu of education experience, 10+ years of work experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in performing Technical lead or a similar role and automating repetitive tasks to build efficiency in products and services (Public or Private Cloud Platform)
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially EC2, S3, RDS and strong security services experience using IAM and KMS (Key Management Services)
- 3+ Years of experience in DevOps model, CI/CD, and deploying IaC (Infrastructure as code) using Configuration orchestration tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- 1+ Year experience with Kubernetes and Container technology
- Scientific-computing and language experience (Python, Java, Shell scripting)
- Hand on experience with Agile methodologies
- Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years’ experience in technical operations or software engineering
- Have a mindset to implement microservices
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.