Principal Engineer (C++)
Being a Principal Engineer (C++) at iManage means…
We are looking for a passionate Principal Engineer with extensive hands-on experience in building scalable distributed systems. In this role, you will mentor and drive a team of 10-12 committed engineers. Team’s mission is to design, develop and release server components of iManage’s flagship product Work that enables over 3000 customers to collaborate and manage documents efficiently and securely. The successful Principal Engineer will demonstrate exemplary professionalism, and will draw upon his/her problem solving, critical thinking and technical skills to architect, develop and release large scale products that are deployed in cloud and on-premise environments.
iM Responsible For…
- Working within cross-functional engineering teams as well as peer teams to build an integrated document management solution
- Collaborating with product managers to analyze business requirements and design new features
- Coordinating and overseeing team’s daily tasks; mentoring and developing team members; participating in code reviews; designing and developing features
- Encouraging software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation) and related tools like GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins etc.
- Communicating, documenting and presenting design and plans in front of technical and business audiences
- Striving to consistently learn and improve within the company as well as share knowledge with colleagues globally
iM Qualified Because I Have…
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- orking within cross-functional engineering teams as well as peer teams to build an integrated document management solution
- 10+ years of experience building large scale software applications with C++/Windows
- Expertise with relational database systems, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
- Thought leadership and design skills in one or more key technology areas: high-transaction systems, micro-services based distributed architectures, fault-tolerant designs, data and system security
- Experience with Windows platforms for development and production use
- People management skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships and team objectives
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Proficiency in one other high-level modern programming languages like Python, C# etc. desire
- Development exposure to public cloud services like Azure is preferred
- Working exposure to CI/CD pipelines and build management within a Cloud/SaaS environment is a plus
iManage combines artificial intelligence with content and email management to free, secure, and understand information. Over 3000 companies and 1 million users worldwide rely on our market-leading software to share and protect their most valuable data. Our work is not always easy but it is ambitious and rewarding.
So we’re looking for people who love a challenge. People who are happiest when they’re solving problems and collaborating with the industry’s best and brightest. In exchange, we’ll make sure the work you do here is worth doing. That’s the iManage way. It’s how we do things that might appear impossible. How we develop our employees’ strengths and unlock their potential. It’s how we find meaning in everything we do.
Whoever you are, whatever you do, however you work. Make it mean something at iManage.
Learn more at: www.imanage.com
Please see our privacy statement for more information on how we handle your personal data: https://imanage.com/privacy-policy/