Principal Information Security Engineer at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Administer and mature key ServiceNow Cloud Security Engineering tools, such as host and network IDS, X.509 Certificate Authority, authentication integrations and controls, etc.
- Build relationships throughout the enterprise to bring internal business stakeholders and their projects and initiatives into comprehensive security evaluation. Provide coaching and mentorship to technology teams to satisfy their business goals.
- Mentor and cross-train with other Security team members to cultivate Security Engineering knowledge.
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver security solutions and training to internal security teams to support and enhance security intelligence requirements.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Five plus years of related experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of X.509 public key certificates issuance.
- Broad knowledge on many topics pertaining to computing. Some examples include:
- Networking: IPv4, IPv6, TLS, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, VOIP, Load Balancers, Network Management Tools (Infoblox NetMRI, RANCID, APG, Skybox)
- Systems: Linux, UNIX, MacOS X, Windows
- Datacenter services: DNS, NTP, LDAP, Kerberos, RSA SecurID, TACACS+, RADIUS, Systems Management Tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Security: SIEM, log management and aggregation, firewalls, IDS/IPS, systems and network auditing tools, FIM, PKI, DNSSEC
- Deep knowledge in at least one topic family: Networking, Systems, or Security.
- Ability to read code. Preferably the ability to write in at least one high level scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Lua, Shell).
- Comfort working on a Linux command line.
- Preferred experience working with the ServiceNow platform.
- Preferred experience with IRAP-governed engineering implementations.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.