Cars.com is one of Chicago’s original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to shop for, sell and service their cars. With our expert content, mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com offers innovative products to connect consumers with dealers across the country.
- Participate in design sessions with IT, Architecture and Development Leads.
- Works with a team of peers to design and implement products in support of strategic business and IT initiatives.
- Participates in peer review sessions throughout design and development phases for multiple projects at any given time.
- Documents design, deliverables, source, and release notes in the interest of supporting future development and operations staff.
- Assists Quality Assurance engineers in issue identification, isolation, and remediation issues during formal QA cycles.
- Continuously improves, refines, and refactors software.
- Team-oriented individual with strong communications skills (both oral and written)
- Participates in requirement reviews, actively working to uncover and resolve ambiguous and invalid requirements.
- Identifies and implements improvements to internal team processes or to supported business's processes, products, or services.
- Understands, articulates, and conforms to core OOP and MVC principles.
- Understands, utilizes, and leverages core architecture and has experience in open source project development utilizing front-end and back-end technologies
- Substantial knowledge of JSON/CSS, JQuery, and Ajax
- Understanding of Web Services concepts; RESTful API experience preferred.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
- 6-8 years of web-based development experience in an enterprise scale organization
- Comfortable offering input across requirements phases and distilling the product into fine-grained deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge is required.