Principal Middleware Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Researches, boards, and evolves the most cost-effective software products and enterprise building blocks that improve the efficiency, availability, and performance of application servers, gateways, messaging, and related platforms. The team currently owns and provides governance along with 24x7x365 third-level supports for technologies such as WebSphere AppServer, WebSphere MQ, CA Gateway, DataPower, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, eXtreme Scale, and Google Search Appliance. Works closely with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development teams in implementing solutions for the Middleware technologies.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains middleware engineering platforms to support the Agile development teams.
- Identifies and drives opportunities to improve automation for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Works closely with Plan, Build, Run, and Cloud Infrastructure teams to support Critical, Core, and Support applications.
- Hands-on industry experience in performance analysis, implementation, project leadership, maintenance, and technical documentation.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in large enterprise systems, customer service, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in large enterprise systems, customer service, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- IBM, or related certification
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!