Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Works on analysis, design solutions, development and supports application software. Conducts development tasks including technical design, coding with test automation, support and documentation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Write technical requirements and design documents in support of the mobile platform for iOS and Android
- Support and maintain mobile platforms for iOS and Android operating systems
- Work with Cybersecurity to resolve security vulnerabilities
- Deployment and support of SDKs used by the mobile app
- Use of Native Modules and Native UI components from both IOS and Android
- Develop and support UI Screen and Modules in both IOS and Android and integrate with React Native application
- Review client requirements, wireframes, and designs for technical feasibility, provide estimates, and work with the mobile teams to translate these into user stories that can be implemented
- Improve product quality through code reviews and collaborating with mobile teams to implement automation testing
- Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals: Partners with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Enhances Operating Model by demonstrating a high-level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer. Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Actively contribute to the department's developer community to support technical initiatives and provide input into best practices.
- Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology
- 8+ years Relevant Technical Experience or Equivalent Experience
- In lieu of education, 10 years Software Development or related experience
- iOS and Android App Deployment
- Experience implementing vendor SDKs and upgrading SDKs
- Knowledge of React, Redux, React Native and application frameworks is a plus
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation, and capable of forming a deep understanding of our underlying frameworks and languages
- Passionate about mobile development and writing correct, and efficient code
- Understanding of REST Web Services, JSON and Design Patterns using various technologies
- Experience with GitHub Actions
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-SY1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.