Principal Network Security Architect at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
We are looking for progressive minded, innovative Principal Cybersecurity Architect, who can whiteboard a solution, as well as possess strong engineering skills to help deliver business outcomes. The Principal Cybersecurity Architect will be part of the Cybersecurity Architecture Team focused on helping design and mature, innovative and cutting edge security architecture capabilities and build-in practical security in enterprise initiatives.
As a Principal Cybersecurity Architect you will provide technical thought leadership for network security domain including cloud enablement and is expected to solve complex security problems. You will be integral in ensuring security is designed and integrated into hybrid cloud services, aligning business needs with technology and doing so in a manner which ensures security is built-in. You will participate in the decision-making processes related to network security and relevant cloud services, have an opportunity to influence implementation of sound architectural and engineering principles and best practices. S/he will be responsible for identifying business use cases for technical capabilities, reducing technical debt, leading and conducting hands-on evaluations and developing value proposition for new products and services.
You will lead initiatives designed to share knowledge across teams. S/he will act as the ambassador and technical representative for Cybersecurity from network security domain, while engaging with other technical leaders throughout organization to design and implement digital transformational solutions.
This individual will be expected to work closely with Cybersecurity Product Managers, Product Owner, Engineers, and users of Cybersecurity technologies, Domain Architects, Software Engineers as well as business users to champion and help deliver and mature security posture. The ideal candidate will have also have business acumen, a sound understanding of the risk management practices with the ability to think, operate and balance priorities in extreme dimensions—strategic and tactical, long-term and near-term. This individual will also be a strong proponent and practitioner of infrastructure as code practices.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, results oriented, loves to solve problems, and loves to enable secure business practices.
- B.S in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology or relevant technology field
- 8+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity and/or Network Engineering..
- 5+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity Engineering/Architecture
- Have experience working in DevOps environment, automation first mindset, ability to script/code if necessary in Python or similar languages.
- Have strong knowledge of designing, building/engineering and securing AWS and/or GCP network services.
- Have experience of building current and future state architectures, threat models, leveraging agile methodologies.
- Experience with assessment, implementation, optimization, and documentation of broad set of security technologies and processes such as data protection and identity and access management) is a plus.
- Knowledge of container platforms and their design practices such as Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge of software defined networking solutions (e.g. ACI, Calico, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge payment services compliance and cyber security frameworks (PCI DSS, NIST CSF) is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of network architecture, network security, including products ranging from Next Generation Firewalls, Web Proxy, Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Malware Analysis, DDoS Prevention, Load balancers, etc
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.