PRINCIPAL PLATFORM ARCHITECT, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
To provide architecture solution services and counsel to digital and business driven projects and manage enterprise technology footprint. The position provides architectural direction and accountability for platform and application architecture plans, technology design and lifecycle, and information integrity by promoting reuse through Enterprise Architecture processes/reviews and standard compliance practices. A Principal Digital Architect will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct architectural reviews and recommend how to proceed in building a world class digital platform and the integrations with end user applications.
Key areas of accountability include leading the development of Architecture Solutions for Strategic Enterprise projects and programs; developing and maintaining global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans; leading in the evaluation of new technology, information or integration standards; and developing digital strategy for a specific technical or business domain.
Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
- Provide oversight for architecture assessment and design for infrastructure, information or integration domains that provide core capabilities for the enterprise.
- Lead Architecture design of end to end enterprise integrated systems that serves multiple business functions.
- Lead the design and implementation of enterprise data model and metadata structures for complex projects.
- Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for complex projects.
- Initiate and deliver technology evaluation and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain current, planned and future state architecture blueprints.
- Lead the efforts for Enterprise Technology and Application Rationalization.
- Ensure programs maintain an enterprise-wide view to support adoption of standards and practices and promote reuse.
- Develop, improve, validate, and use tools to facilitate Cat Digital Architecture efforts.
- Lead in the development and alignment of the roadmaps with the Cat Digital business strategy.
- Lead in the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers and requirements that drive the future state architecture.
- Initiate and deliver Strategic Roadmaps and gain commitment for enterprise level architecture.
- Lead strategy and architecture for new enterprise technology platforms.
- Leads Business architecture for a specific business function.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 15 or more years of a progressive career in software engineering and architecture
- Strong demonstratable experience delivering product and/or enterprise architecture for enterprise scale solutions in public cloud and hybrid eco-systems.
- At least 2 years’ working experience in at least 3 of the following AWS services (ECS, Lambda, Dynamo, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, SQS, Kinesis, NLB, API GW, IAM, VPC, Route53)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions.
- Experience with development and project delivery methodologies
Top candidates will also have:
- Must have in-depth understand and experience in two or more of the following: massive real-time event and message processing, data lakes, Big Data transformations and analytics, complex e-commerce applications, IoT edge and cloud data processing, SQL and NoSQL data modeling
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation in public cloud eco-system including environments management, test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc.
- Strong hands on coding experience with any of Core Java, Spring, Python, etc.
- Strong hands-on development experience in public cloud environment
- Familiarity with ML and data analytics
- Understanding of enterprise data integration and analytical platforms (ex. C3 IoT, Pentaho, Snaplogic,..)
- AWS development experience with exposure to a variety of different services.
- Open source project contribution
- A certification in TOGAF or similar framework is highly desirable.
- Experience in multiple business processes or organizations and experience in multiple IT disciplines is also beneficial.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.