Principal Quality Architect at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for defining the testing strategy with a SAFe Agile Release Train to ensure that quality is built in from the start. In collaboration with the Application Architects and Product Managers, the QE Architect will assist in driving to deliver a fully automated development lifecycle focused on delivering a platform capable of full automation between the development and production environments. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to core products for the department.
- Drives for quality, ensures Quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defining quality gates, staying abreast of new and emerging technologies and working with senior management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Participates in Program grooming to understand initiatives, technical features, and business features to ensure strategy supports them.
- Responsible for the overall test strategy design, timely amendment, and delivery. Is the QE subject matter expert and testing solutions architect.
- Actively contributes and participates in all Agile ceremonies, such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily standups, and retrospective meetings.
- Provides leadership support to the system team, ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings and 1:1s. Takes necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the teams to be a high-value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Manages quality/test challenges at the team level, providing guidance, training, technical support, and where necessary, mentoring individuals.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Test Management, or related field
- ISTQB Foundation
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Payments Domain
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.