Principal Salesforce Engineer at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As a Principal Salesforce Engineer at VillageMD, you will be instrumental in bridging the gap between Salesforce, API’s, and our data platform, while building on tops of the SFDC platform itself. You will shape our vision for enabling technology that reduces friction for clinicians instead of increasing it with unnecessary data input.
What are examples of work that Salesforce Engineers have done at VillageMD?
- Created a must-have internal tools that our business uses to enable clinicians to have an insightful, yet invisible experience with our technology
- Wrote high fidelity software that is readable, maintainable and scalable
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage constituents
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for our custom-built, Salesforce-enabled workflow products, including configuration, development, integration and customization of complex solutions
- Lead other engineers in solving problems, reviewing/approving code and providing mentorship in using strong software design patterns
- Map out a big picture product vision, while striving to improve quality and velocity on the team
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 7+ years of full-time Salesforce engineering experience (Health Cloud a plus)
- Experience with a server-side language that is NOT Node (Java/Python/C#/Ruby)
- Solid background in utilizing and integrating 3rd party integrations and application libraries with strict security requirements
- Prior involvement in at least one large-scale project built in Salesforce
- Experience working with Relational Databases (Postgres a plus)
- Expert level SQL skills
- Understanding of clinical and financial healthcare data preferred, but not required
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- Utilization of Version Control Systems such as Git and Bitbucket would be a plus
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or related field
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.