About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We are looking for a Principal-level Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. The Security Engineering team owns system, network, and perimeter protection for Grubhub. Grubhub system's security is critical, and in this role, you'll own the technical direction for many aspects. In this leadership role, you'll partner with Information Security, Site Reliability Engineering, and Software Engineering leadership to ensure all Grubhub systems are secure from emerging threats.
The Impact You Will Make
- Own and drive the technical direction for many aspects of Security Engineering at Grubhub. You'll be an Engineering Leader, you'll influence the direction of security solutions for the company.
- Understand best practices for securing accounts. This means working across Software Engineering and Product to drive features which increase account security.
- Design our next generation of cloud access controls
- Drive the improvement and rollout of our bot detection system, ensuring threats we identify and neutralize as quickly as possible.
- Design and build a management system for our security tools. We have many thousands of hosts, and we need a system to ensure quick and easy management of the security tools running on all of them.
- Select and implement solutions for host security, IDS/IPS, and WAF.
- Participate in application architecture reviews, ensuring designs are secure from day one.
What You Bring to the Table
- Experience working as a Principal-level Security Engineer, preferably for a large e-commerce company.
- In-depth experience with security tools such as FIM, scanning tools, IPS, and IDS.
- Ability to write code to automate security functions. You should be able to write testable, OO code in a high-level language such as Python or Java.
- Experience with perimeter protection for highly-available systems. You'll need to design security solutions without impacting system availability.
- Understanding of PCI, SOX, and CCPA requirements.
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices and how security can be integrated without impacting throughput.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.