Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Works on analysis, design solutions, development and supports application software. Conducts development tasks including technical design, coding with test automation, support and documentation.
- Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals: Partners with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Enhances Operating Model by demonstrating a high-level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer. Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Actively contribute to the department's developer community to support technical initiatives and provide input into best practices.
- Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated
Minimum Qualifications - At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related technical field
- 8+ years of Software Development or related experience
- Design and architect REST APIs using Spring Boot and ensured code quality within the applications
- Follow micro services and domain design development approach
- Provide Leadership to technical teams and junior team members as for delivering high quality software components within Agile (scrum) development methodology.
- Deploy REST APIs to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Red Hat OpenShift Cloud Platform using CI/CD pipelines.
- Participate in Cyber Security audit and resolve identified security vulnerabilities in within the applications.
- Work on enhancing automation capabilities by architecting pipelines for micro services applications using Harness self-service CI/CD.
- Participate in Sprint planning, Standups, Product backlog grooming, Sprint review, retrospectives and Scrum of Scrums.
- Follow DevSecOps practices to ensure higher quality code, Resolve an open security vulnerabilities.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure product benchmarks are being exceeded.
- Create architectural patterns , research new frameworks and strive to modernize systems and applications
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.