Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Discover is seeking a Principal ETL Software Developer to join our Recovery Systems Agile teams. Successful candidates will work hand in hand with our business partners to understand their needs/processes, and build solutions using cutting edge technologies. This will include driving automation and process improvements along the way. You will provide senior lead level technical consulting to peer data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical projects. This also includes directing and creating proper process and coding standards among the teams and ensuring all design and structure diagrams are organized and maintained. The goal is to become the SME of the area and build up the knowledge base of all the developers to a lead level with exceptional organization and automation in our processes.
Projects will include designing and developing data ingestion and processing/transformation frameworks leveraging SQL, Ab Initio, JBOSS and JAVA. Designs, develops and integrates systems for Discover's recovery processes by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features.
This position will be supporting the recovery business and applications (FICO Debt Manager.) While utilizing such technical skill sets as SQL, Ab Initio, etc., and leveraging existing leadership skills to expand the capability of the teams.
- Deliver technology solutions that support our business goals.
- Partner with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions.
- Enhance Operating Model by demonstrating a high level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer.
- Assist with the growth team of members within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies.
- Actively contribute to the department's developer community to support technical initiatives and provide input into best practices.
- Maintain highly available systems.
- Ensure all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in relevant technical expertise
- In lieu of education, 10+ years of experience in software development or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#Remote #BI-Remote #LI-LJ1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.